All bloggers have to deal with lack of inspiration once in a while. Actually, if you are reading this post, you are probably going through a bout of writer’s block right now.
People often ask me how I manage to come up with so many articles every month. The answer is simple: After nine years as a blogger, experience has taught me to see ideas everywhere. And, to be honest, my goal is not to re-invent the wheel but rather to write posts that are valuable and relevant to you.
Today, I would like to share a list of ideas, I hope, will help fuel your creativity for your upcoming posts.
- Conversations with members of your audience and professionals in your niche
- Trending topics in your field
- Case studies
- Reviews of products (books, tools, software…)
- Responses to articles posted on other blogs
- Weekly curation of the best content found on a specific topic
- Tutorials / how-tos
- Lists of your favorite tools, resources, blogs, brands…
- Positive lessons learnt from challenging experiences
- Interviews of specialists in your niche
- Highlight of the best comments your blog has received
- Helpful tips, including insider secrets
- Roundup of your most popular posts to date
- Series of short articles centered around a specific topic
- Roundup of best tips shared by your favorite experts
- Recurring mistakes you see in your industry
- Repurposing of old content into different formats (slidedecks, videos, infographics, podcasts…)
- What not to do
- The story behind your brand
- Lists of your favorite Tweets / Google+ posts / Facebook updates
- Definition posts
- Year in review articles
Websites for further inspiration:
- Check out and answer people’s questions on Quora. Then, blog about it.
- Subscribe to Google Alerts and Topsy.
- Subscribe to Dailypost on WordPress to receive ideas, suggestions and inspiration directly in your Inbox.
Any other ideas? Feel free to share in the comment section.