I don’t know about you, but 2013 sure flew on my end!
Once again, this year did not go against the established order. It was full of viral stories and trends. Some will be remembered fondly, while others, well, we could have done without.
Discover which events took the world by storm, as reported by some of the social media giants.
- Facebook: “A look back at the people, moments and places that mattered most”
- Google Zeitgest: Top global search trends
- Twitter: Most popular Tweets
- Yahoo: Top searches and most viral Tumblr blogs / trends
- YouTube: Most viral videos and ads
- Social Media Slant: Most popular articles
- Some social media stats
Facebook: “A look back at the people, moments and places that mattered most”
Google Zeitgest: Top global search trends
Twitter: Most popular Tweets
Social Media Slant: Most popular articles
Even though Social Media Slant is only eight months old, the blog has already received 43,000 visits from the four corners of the world, including the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India, Australia, France, and the Netherlands.
Ten articles in particular have attracted 35% of this traffic. Here they are below:
- Find the RSS feed for any Twitter user with Twitter RSS (Update)
- The impact of social media on society (infographic)
- Google Plus population around the world
- How long have you been on Twitter?
- 14 tools to rock Google+
- Find out how many of your Twitter followers are fake with Fake Follower Check
- Internet and technology: A history of growth (1984-2013)
- Become the new ‘face’ of Google Search with Goglogo
- Looking for a TweetChat alternative? Try tchat.io!
- Monitor activity on your Facebook Page with Hyper Alerts
- Facebook and LinkedIn release new traffic numbers (November 2013)
- Vimeo now has 100 million monthly visitors (November 2013)
- Happy birthday, Scoop.it! (November 2013)
- Google+ Hangouts and Photos get major overhaul, vanity URLs arrive (October 2013)
- Yahoo, Twitter, Facebook… Some social media stats to ponder (October 2013)
- Twitter IPO: Key statistics revealed (October 2013)
- Instagram turns 3! (October 2013)
- Is MySpace making a comeback? (October 2013)
- Buffer hits the 1 million user mark (September 2013)
- WordPress.com now ranks in top 10 for Internet traffic in the U.S. (September 2013)
- How Many People Use 340 of the Top Social Media, Apps & Tools? (December 2013)