Latest posts by Cendrine Marrouat (see all)
- Guest post: Creative marketing for the best of both worlds - March 11, 2014
- The latest in social media (February 2014) - March 10, 2014
- The 80-20 rule in social media (Infographic) - February 26, 2014
Do you know that WordPress powers almost 19 percent of the Web? For those who use the blogging platform, it is not surprising at all.
While the fully hosted WordPress service offers some serious features and perks, nothing beats going the self-hosted route. One of the major reasons is that you can install plugins to extend the functionality of your blog and optimize the experience for your readers.
The WP Plugin Directory currently hosts 29,504 plugins, with more available all over the Internet. Here are some of my favorites below:
- All-in-One SEO Pack – I often recommend this plugin because it keeps getting better and better. Features include XML Sitemaps /Google Analytics support, the ability to control your Open Graph social meta, and automatic optimization of titles for search engines.
- Comments Evolved for WordPress – If you have always wanted to integrate the Google+ commenting system into your blog, this is the plugin that you need. You can also add Facebook, Disqus, and Livefyre!
- Simple Share Buttons Adders – The best social sharing plugin I have ever used. It is very easy to implement and works like a charm. Also, it supports link-share, which is the format recommended by Facebook to get more engagement when sharing links on your Page.
Note that this is my first infographic. So, I still have a lot to learn in this area. :-)
What are your favorite plugins? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.