This week’s list includes content from Marketo, Get a Follow, and Entrepreneur, as well as some useful tools…
- You’ve Got Mail: 5 Things Your Subject Lines Are Missing (Mike Madden, Marketo) – Trying to increase your newsletter’s opening rate? It starts with enticing headlines. This article has some excellent pointers (with examples). My favorite is #5: Use rhymes, alliterations, and puns
- I Bought 5,000 Instagram Followers and Here’s What Happened ( Rokas Golcas, Get a Follow) – Even though serious social media professionals keep advising small business owners against buying social media followers, the practice is flourishing. So, this case study may finally put the record straight…
- Does Your Website Say, ‘Trust Me’? It Better. (David Leonhardt, Entrepreneur) – The seven questions in the post will help you to determine how credible your website truly is and to implement necessary changes. I particularly like questions 1 and 2: “Can customers visualize me?” / “Can customers visualize my business?” An important distinction!
- Amber – A tool that automatically preserves a snapshot of every page linked to a website and provides visitors with access to an alternate version.
- Embed Code Generator – Create embeddable cards from any URL to make your pages more interactive.
My latest news
I’m featured in the Huffington Post for the second time this year! Contributor Zak Mustapha published a roundup of tips from 45 experts on LinkedIn marketing. You’ll find gems there!
- Tools and services for your business
- Working with WordPress
- Social media training, content writing and language services
- Social media ebooks
Have you read a great post lately? Share the link in the content section.
See you next week for a new list of recommendations!