This week’s list includes content from Simply Measured, SLR Lounge, and Moz, as well as two promising tools…
- You’re Thinking About Social Media ROI All Wrong (Kevin Shively, Simply Measured) – Marketers and small business owners often put the cart before the horses with their strategies. Not only do they need attribution, but they also have to understand the buyer’s journey.
- According to Social Media, I’m a S**t Photographer and so are you. Really? (Max Bridge, SLR Lounge) – The topic of this article transcends photography. I agree with Max, you should never use social media to assess your worth. A large number of likes doesn’t equate success.
- SEO for Bloggers: How to Nail the Optimization Process for Your Posts – Whiteboard Friday (Rand Fishkin, Moz) – Want to be better at blogging for search engines and readership? Check out the excellent video below. My favorite point is #8: “Experiment, learn, and iterate.”
NB: The image of the step-by-step process described by Rand is available here.
- Ludwig Guru – A smart translator and linguistic search engine that helps you find the perfect word or sentence to express your ideas. Perfect for native and non-native speakers alike.
- Narrow – Find Twitter users who cover subjects relevant to the audience you want to attract.
My latest news
Thank you to Chris and Dan, of The Training Experts, for featuring me on their blog.
The Guest Crew team asked me and dozens of other social media pros (Ted Rubin, Gail Gardner, David Meerman Scott, Kristi Hines, Gini Dietrich…) to share our biggest LinkedIn marketing strategies. I’m #43 in the list.
I have a new series of Blabs in the works. My co-host is none other than the talented Faydra Deon. Stay tuned for the upcoming announcement…
- Tools and services for your business
- Working with WordPress
- Social media training, content writing and language services
- Social media ebooks
Did you read a great post last week? Share the link in the content section.
See you next week for a new list of recommendations!