Bloggers know it. People love list posts.
They love them because they are skimmable and easy to read. And they usually work as great resources that they can bookmark for future reference
Looking for a tool to turn your lists into an even more interactive and fun experience for your readers? Let me introduce you to Listly.
What is Listly?
Listly is a crowdsourcing community that allows users to build lists and add items (with or without links) to other members’ lists.
“Listly helps bloggers and publishers engage readers with continuously evolving viral lists right within your site.”
- Easily create, edit and customize an unlimited number of lists – Add tags and descriptions, choose how you want your items to be displayed (by CrowdRank, alphabetical order or curated order), allow comments, and more.
- Easily embed lists on websites / blogs – All you need to do is copy and paste a little piece of code. WordPress users can also take advantage of the Listly plugin, which offers more customization options.
- Share your lists on social networks (Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn) or through email
- Curate lists on the go with the Listly Bookmark
- Follow other lists to be kept in the know every time new items are added
- Contribute new items to other lists, vote for your favourites, and moderate the content members submit to your lists.
Examples of lists
- Free Pictures for Your Blog
- Social Media Resources
- Naked Marketing Resource List
- Top Tips for Driving Traffic to Your Blog
- Social Media Infographics
Listly: Some benefits
- Search Engine Optimization – For example, lists are indexed in search engines (e.g., Google)
- Increased blog interaction
- Interactivity – Embedded lists are automatically updated when new content is added
- Increased visibility – Great lists are likely to be embedded on other blogs. Their creators receive full attribution
Listly is definitely a must-have tool for bloggers.
For more information on the service, visit http://list.ly.