I am now accepting a limited number of submissions.
Social Media Slant is dedicated to helping small businesses and solo-preneurs with their social media needs. I pride myself on providing my visitors with high-quality, well-researched, and valuable content.
To maintain these standards, I ask that you read the following guidelines. If you don’t comply with them, I will not respond.
1. I do not accept sponsored posts unless they are of excellent quality.
Rates start at US$200. The amount is non-negotiable.
2. Before submitting your article, get familiar with the content on the blog.
3. All submissions must be:
- Relevant to my audience – Photographers (and similar artists); mainly women; main age range: 35-54; mother tongues: English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese…; main countries: United States, France, United Kingdom, Canada, and Japan.
- Between 500 and 1,200 words
- Skimmable — short paragraphs and sub-headers, please
- Thoroughly proofread
- Ready to publish
4. I only accept the following types of submissions:
- Introductions to new social platforms or tools.
- Case studies
- Specific, applicable tips
- Infographics and videos
Looking for ideas? Here are some:
- Why your business should be using Instagram
- 6 creative ways to fuel your Google+ page
- A guide to prospecting for new customers on Twitter
5. If you include images, infographics, videos, or screenshots, please provide proper credits. It means links to sources, not to companies’ home pages (unless stated by creators).
6. Your post will be rejected if it:
- Requires too many changes or edits (two attempts are usually the maximum)
- Contains affiliate or irrelevant links
- Promotes your products, services, or company. You can only do so in your bio.
- Includes keyword stuffing
- Reads like a press release or blatant advertisement
- Has too many typos and grammatical errors. Please have your post fully proofread before sending it to me.
- Is too generic
- Re-hashes topics that have already been covered on Social Media Slant and elsewhere
- Plagiarizes or copies content from another website or blog
7. Personalize your pitch:
- I have a first name. It’s Cendrine, not Editor, Cedrine, Cndrine, Cadrina, or Cndr. Make sure you spell it right.
- Cendrine is a female name. (My photo is everywhere on this site, anyway.) So, please, don’t call me Sir.
- Introduce yourself. Tell me what you do and why you want to write for Social Media Slant.
- Share links to relevant articles that you wrote.
8. Note the following:
- Submitting a post does not guarantee its publication.
- I am extremely busy, so no need to email me every two or three days to check the status of your submission. I will only contact you if it has been accepted.
- You will receive no monetary compensation for your contribution(s).
- Only regular contributors will have official profiles and publishing privileges.
- I do not take pressure, blackmail, disrespect, and foul language kindly. Behave professionally.
Ready to send your pitch? Fill the form below.