Do you remember your first website? I had created mine to promote my translation services.
The thing that really made me proud? The GIF of a mouse lifting weights right in the middle of the front page.
Well, as it turns out, everyone else thought it was lame. lol
It was 2003 and WordPress was just a baby. Only a few people used it. Your best option was to code…
Things have changed so much in 12 years! Design, in particular. Your website cannot look like this anymore…
Website design is an art form that Jon Whitbeck masters completely. Since our first interaction on Twitter about a year ago, I have watched his impressive skills in action almost daily. That’s why I wanted to have him as a guest on #smslantchat.
Here are the questions I asked:
- Why would a small business owner or solo-preneur want to have a website / blog?
- What are the necessary steps to take before starting design to avoid costly mistakes?
- Why would I need to hire a professional website designer?
- DIY website builder (e.g. Wix) vs. WordPress? Pros and cons? Which one do you recommend?
- What final items should be checked before a website launch?
- What is the most important consideration when adding website content?
- Tell us more about picture optimization…
Thank you for all the comments, RTs, and favorites! See you next month for another #smslantchat!
Interested in being a guest? Feel free to email me.