A few months ago, I shared a very good infographic that explains how to optimize your website pages and blog posts.
After looking at it several times, I felt that there were a few things missing. So, I did some research to find a more detailed infographic. SurePayroll‘s caught my attention. It’s really well done!
Here are the key elements to consider when working on your pages and posts:
- Meta description / title / header tags
- Visual aids
- Embeds (for infographics, slidedecks, and videos)
- Sharing buttons
- Open Graph meta tags
- Twitter Cards
In this social media world, the last two elements have become essential. Your website must be optimized to display content the right way when shared on social networks.
If you are unsure of what Twitter Cards and Open Graph are, you can refer to the articles below:
- Twitter Cards: Getting Started Guide (Twitter Developers)
- The Everything Guide to Twitter Cards: How to Choose, Set Up, Measure Them And More (Buffer Social)
- The Open Graph protocol (ogp.me)
- What You Need to Know About Open Graph Meta Tags for Total Facebook and Twitter Mastery (KISSmetrics)
- Sharing Best Practices for Websites & Mobile Apps (Facebook for Developers)
One last thing. Don’t forget the mobile experience. Optimize your website for that as well.
Infographic by The Payroll Blog.