“Two years ago we started the Google+ project. We’re still young, with lots of growing left to do, but today we wanted to stop (for just a second) and say thanks. It’s your support, your feedback, and your enthusiasm that make Google+ so awesome. So let’s keep building something to love. Together.” – Vic Gundotra
On June 28, 2011, Google launched Google+. Two years later, the social network boasts 359 million monthly active users and has never been stronger.
Not bad for a site that many keep expecting to see fail!
Google+ in numbers:
- 500 million registered users
- Active userbase grew by 33% between Q2 2012 and Q1 2013.
- 2nd largest social network in the world
- Male / female ratio: 68 / 32
- Fastest growing age demographic: 45-54 year olds
- Used by 40% of marketers
- 48% of Fortune Global 100 companies are on Google+
- +1 button clicked 5 billion times daily
Happy birthday, Google+!
Latest posts by Cendrine Marrouat (see all)
- 2013 in review: Major social media sites reveal most viral content - December 18, 2013
- Hshtags is THE search engine for hashtags - December 17, 2013
- See how many times articles have been shared with this bookmarklet - December 16, 2013
- This week in social media (December 9-13, 2013) - December 13, 2013
- Tired of seeing annoying things on Twitter and Facebook? Rather to the rescue! - December 11, 2013