LinkedIn turned 10 on Sunday.
The social network launched on May 5, 2003. Within a month, it already had 4,500 members. Now, a decade later, the site has become a major online spot for hundreds of millions more business professionals.
LinkedIn in numbers
- 3,700+ employees
- 225 million users (200 countries and territories)
- 64% of members located outside of the U.S.
- Two new accounts created per second
- 170+ million unique visitors
- All 2012 Fortune 500 companies represented
- 5.7 billion professionally-oriented searches in 2012
- 2.9 million+ LinkedIn Company Pages
(Source: About LinkedIn)
For a history of LinkedIn, click here.
Latest posts by Cendrine Marrouat (see all)
- Tired of seeing annoying things on Twitter and Facebook? Rather to the rescue! - December 11, 2013
- Find the Twitter accounts behind websites and blogs with Twitter Detector - December 10, 2013
- Latest WordPress.com numbers & news and 30+ plugins to try - December 9, 2013
- This week in social media (December 2-6, 2013) - December 6, 2013
- Add videos to your documents with Movenote - December 4, 2013