Skype has just turned 10! Microsoft’s voice communication service was launched on August 29, 2003.
Here are some stats to celebrate this milestone:
- 1.4 trillion minutes of voice and video calls
- Used 33 million hours a day
- 300 million users worldwide
- Male / female user ratio: 52 / 48
- Largest age group: 18-35
- Average user age: 35
- Average income: $73,000
Want to know how Skype has changed the way we communicate? Check out the infographic below.
Latest posts by Cendrine Marrouat (see all)
- Tired of seeing annoying things on Twitter and Facebook? Rather to the rescue! - December 11, 2013
- Find the Twitter accounts behind websites and blogs with Twitter Detector - December 10, 2013
- Latest WordPress.com numbers & news and 30+ plugins to try - December 9, 2013
- This week in social media (December 2-6, 2013) - December 6, 2013
- Add videos to your documents with Movenote - December 4, 2013