You may remember the infographic on visual content that I shared a couple of weeks ago. “The Visual Web: A Love Story” featured some insightful stats to prove that effective content marketing must include visuals.
Here is another one on the same topic. Created by Column Five, it is a great example of what an infographic should look like: simple, well laid-out, and most importantly, appealing.
- The brain processes visual cues in 0.25 second
- The average attention span is at 8 seconds
- Attention spans are shorter for black and white pictures compared to color
- Visually embellished content is more memorable than other types of content
- “Humans are biologically wired to process the world visually”
Infographic courtesy of Column Five.