The Internet may not have been around for as long as the telephone, television, or car, its hold on our lives remains undeniable.
There are 2.7 billion users and 6.8 billion mobile subscriptions around the world right now. Yet, as mind-boggling as these numbers are, they are nothing compared to what the next few years have in store. For example, by the beginning of the 2020s, literally everyone should have access to an Internet connection!
Before the future catches up to us, let’s see what happened in the last two decades. Check out the great infographic below.
Latest posts by Cendrine Marrouat (see all)
- Tired of seeing annoying things on Twitter and Facebook? Rather to the rescue! - December 11, 2013
- Find the Twitter accounts behind websites and blogs with Twitter Detector - December 10, 2013
- Latest WordPress.com numbers & news and 30+ plugins to try - December 9, 2013
- This week in social media (December 2-6, 2013) - December 6, 2013
- Add videos to your documents with Movenote - December 4, 2013