Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, LinkedIn, YouTube, StumbleUpon, Google+, Foursquare, Twitter… So many platforms, so much choice to advertise one’s business or services!
So, which one is the best? It’s hard to answer that question. Before jumping on the social advertising bandwagon, you should consider your goals and audience:
- Where are your potential and current customers on social media?
- What are the biggest age groups interested in your products and services?
- Do you sell to Millennials, Baby Boomers, Generation X’ers, etc.?
- Are you a B2B- or B2C-centric business?
- Do you create videos and/or a lot of other visual content?
- Do you have a mom and pop or physical store?
- Do you want to: Raise awareness of your brand? Drive eyeballs to your website? Promote offers?…
These are just a few questions you should ask yourself. There are many more that come from observing competition or looking at the traffic to your digital properties.
To help you with that, check out the great infographic below. Created by Direct Online Marketing, it gives you a comprehensive overview of each platform. There are also some useful tips!
Infographic courtesy of Direct Online Marketing.