I don’t know about you, but I love Twitter chats. If I am home or near my computer on Monday and/or Tuesday nights, I will always join #atomicchat or #smmanners for an hour of fun conversations around content marketing, curation, social customer care, and social media.
I have had the opportunity to take part in those sessions as a regular user and as a guest, and both experiences have been instructive and thought-provoking. I also made some great friends in the process!
While the aforementioned Twitter chats have a special place in my heart, I find myself occasionally wanting to broaden my horizons. Asking others for recommendations has helped. I have also relied on lists created by fellow Tweeps.
Ready to network with like-minded users and grow your audience on Twitter? Check out my list of lists below. When you are done, look further down the page for useful resources to make the most of chats.
Twitter chat clients to use
Even though I’m a TweetDeck fan, I would not recommend using it for chats.
Some useful resources
New to Twitter chats? No worries. Here are some articles to get started in the right direction.
- What is a hashtag? (Social Media Slant)
– How To Setup Your Own Tweet Chat by Anna Fox (Social Media Sun)
– Best Practices Guide For Tweet Chats by Vanessa Doctor (Hashtags.org)
– Twitter Chats, The Ultimate How To Guide by Becky Johns (Social Fresh)
– Hshtags is THE search engine for hashtags (Social Media Slant)
– The surprising history of Twitter’s hashtag and 4 ways to get the most out of them by Bell Beth Cooper (Buffer Blog)
Now, it’s your turn to speak. What are your favorite Twitter chats?