We’ve said this before and we’ll say it again: this community – now more than 40 million of you – is amazing. Thank you for inspiring us.
— Vine (@vineapp) August 20, 2013
Vine continues its steady growth. Twitter’s six-second video-sharing app now has 40 million users!
Vine was founded in June 2012 by Dom Hofmann, Rus Yusupov, and Colin Kroll, and acquired by Twitter a few months later. Officially launched in January 2013, it became the most-downloaded free app in the iOS App Store within 10 weeks.
Vine in numbers
- Gained 27 million users since June
- 13 million iOS users
- 5 Vines are tweeted every second
- Branded Vines are four times more likely to be shared than branded online videos
Want to see more stats? Check out this infographic by BuzzFork.
Latest posts by Cendrine Marrouat (see all)
- Latest WordPress.com numbers & news and 30+ plugins to try - December 9, 2013
- This week in social media (December 2-6, 2013) - December 6, 2013
- Add videos to your documents with Movenote - December 4, 2013
- Can’t type right now? Try speaking instead - December 3, 2013
- 14 tools to rock Google+ - December 2, 2013