According to Pingdom, a leading website monitoring service, WordPress is used by 52% of the most prominent blogs in the world in 2013. The number represents an increase in four percentage points from last year.
WordPress, which powers 65.3 million blogs as of May 7, is used by TechCrunch, Mashable, Ars Technica, and Laughing Squid.
Other blogging platforms of choice include Custom (12%), Drupal (7%), Gawker (5%), and BlogSmith (4%).
Pingdom based its study on Technorati’s Top 100 Blogs list and did not differentiate between WordPress hosted and WordPress self-hosted.
For more information on the study, visit http://royal.pingdom.com/2013/05/07/wordpress-top-100-blogs/.
Latest posts by Cendrine Marrouat (see all)
- Latest WordPress.com numbers & news and 30+ plugins to try - December 9, 2013
- This week in social media (December 2-6, 2013) - December 6, 2013
- Add videos to your documents with Movenote - December 4, 2013
- Can’t type right now? Try speaking instead - December 3, 2013
- 14 tools to rock Google+ - December 2, 2013