But it was not all. The new YouTube Channels are officially here!
Today, I spent a couple of hours looking around YouTube, editing my profile, and taking screenshots.
Google outdid itself. The new channels are sleek, and more interactive and engaging than ever! Plus, they have been optimized to fit all screens (laptops, phones, tablets, TVs).
Overview of the new YouTube Channels
Editing your Channel
Just mouse over the section you want to edit.
- Bio, social media profile links, profile banner
Dimensions for the banner can be found here.
- Featured sections
A few tips to make your Channel pop
Take full advantage of the new redesign. Optimize your profile as much as possible:
- Fill out your bio with concise and relevant information.
- Add links to your website(s), blog(s), and social media profiles in the About section.
- Your channel art (banner) can contain text. So, why not include a call to action?
- Create a trailer to entice people to subscribe to your channel.
- Use the featured sections under your trailer to display your most popular videos, tags, and / or playlists.
Feeling like upgrading to the new Channel layout? Visit http://www.youtube.com/onechannel.
Now, it’s your time to speak. What do you think about the redesign?